Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Festival Betances 2009

When I was 15 I got my first paid job was through the Harriet Tubman House in the South End. They hired a bunch of youth and sent us out into different locations. I was placed in IBA where I was taught how to interview community people while balancing a giant camera on my right shoulder. It was an awesome summer!

The fine people of IBA and many vollunteers are gearing up for the Festival Betances, the oldest Latino community arts and cultural festival in New England. The festivities start on July 17-19, 2009 - Tito Rojas, is a featured performer on Sunday the 19th.

You must be thinking, "Keyse, this is awesome! How do these creative talented people do this year after year?!" Well, let me tell you....its through the donations and volunteer hours from people like you. Enjoy Boston and support three days of dynamic programming by donating $5, $10, or $25. Donate online here, much love and thanks :)
Everything you give counts in large amounts, Please mention Keyse or PTC when you donate!
Here is a festival Calendar
The action takes place at the Plaza Betances, 100 W Dedham Street

No comments: