Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Drills Charged

I moved. I was not ready. I hope I can stay in this place for a few years. Moving is physically, emotionally and financially fucked. The movers did their thing...and I went back to the old apt at least 3 times for things I didn't get a chance to unscrew/detach/pack. I am now 100% moved (thank you friends and brothers!). I've met my neighbors, they are all lovely.

This new apartment is really awesome. Its kind of a + sign lay out. My friend made this drawing to help figure out stuff - I gave her a tiny piece of paper to draw the layout (I like challenging my friends...), so the bedrooms are detached. One of the bedrooms is off the entry way and the other bedroom that is being used as an office is off the living room.

I'm trying my darnest to not spend money (cuz ugh, lack of) and use what I already have. The bathroom has no storage, there is a nice shelf in the shower area but thats it. The sink is very utilitarian, just a sink, no storage underneath. No medicine cabinet, just a mirror reflecting back my sweaty face (I'm going to put up a medicine cabinet from Ikea I purchased a couple of years ago, also discontinued). So, with lots of help from friend we put up some big ass shelves (discontinued brackets from Ikea).  Now I need some decorative/non fugly boxes to put my things in to put on the shelves :)


Besides the medicine cabinet I'm going to put up this guy I got from Lostine for more shelving and a hand towel bar 



The entry way is currently my favorite part of the apt - she is done! When I come in the first thing I see is the vintage art I hung up. My bedroom door is to the left of the art, I put down a doorstopper to prevent disaster. Trones storage boxes and Pinnig rack are from Ikea, the Fairmount Leather Mirror was a GoodWill find :) 



Deck Time
Target has been a go to source for so many things for this new place. I got the Half Moon outdoor rug, Windsor stacking black chairs and bench during a sale last week. Of course, things need to be moved around and cushions need to be set out so no one burns their butts on the metal seats. I'm also on the look out for a table...




And this is a happy plant I repotted with a planter from Urban Outfitters


 Thats it for now, I'm waiting on my sofa from Room & Board...need to make a trip to ikea, home depot, the container store...and its going to be a wonderful summer!

I've been utilizing Pinterest to help me organize myself, check it out!  


No comments: