Thursday, September 19, 2019

Everything's possible When you're an animal

The sofa arrived. It's cool. It looks good in the space, it fits the space and i'm enjoying sitting on it.
Tight back! (see me in bunny).

I dislike that overhead fan. If i'm here longer than a few years i'm going to take it down.

See, my new sofa boyfriend is so handsome, subtle, unassuming, open minded, not racist/sexist/homophobic/classist, works a full time job and has time for hobbies and maintaining strong friendships...oh sorry, and is cozy with pillows :) 

 Color poppin here and there

 My friend gave me this chairs buddy, so now I have a pair!

You and a dear friend sit on these chairs, across from me, i'll be on the sofa listening and enjoying the experience.

One of the things that really tied the room together is the Border Twill rug from West Elm. I got it on super sale and added a plush rug pad  bc its very thin and would slide around. This is not a rug for folks with pets, their lil doggy cat nails would get stuck and this rug isn't up for scratching/burrowing.

After I set up the room with the rug I sat my tired ass down on the sofa, sighed, ugly cried and took a 2 hour nap on the new sofa. I wish I could share this room with my mom. Call her and tell her how wonky it was carrying the rug up the stairs and my reasoning the positioning. I really miss her. It blows my mind that I get to keep on while shes gone. Keep on keeping on. Move a thing around. Wake up and sleep. Life is amazing and strange.

If you get a chance and have the funds, I highly recommend David Byrnes American Utopia at the Emerson Colonial Theatre. It is an audio / visual amazing experience. Since seeing the show i'm on a big Talking Heads and David Byrne music binge.

"Skin, that covers me from head to toe
Except a couple tiny holes and openings
Where, the city's blowin' in and out
This is what it's all about, delightfully"


No comments: