Friday, March 27, 2020

An Important Toilet Seat Update

For years I have wanted a bidet but never got one because i'm dumb. I mean, I don't know how else to explain not having purchased one already. Every time I move I always buy a new toilet seat, why not a bidet? Sigh. I have like 10 methods of making coffee but no special way to clean my butt other than toilet paper/wipes (bad bad for septic systems!)/shower. Shameful. Okay, enough with my sorry self loathing. With this terrible pandemic, I have been pushed to be the best me and the best me has a cleaner butt. So, I ordered the Brondell Swash LT/99 bidet.

I really wanted a Toto Washlet C200, Wirecutter recommends it but the reviews are terrible concerning the washers - Since I cant go hang out at my local hardware store and mess around with finding the correct washer - nor do I want to order stuff from Amazon right now that isn't essential (actually, I don't want to ever order anything from Amazon again) I decided to go with the Brondell.

Gripe: While people went insane purchasing all of the TP (I mean, doesn't everyone regularly store 20ish rolls like me?) some folks began buying all of the bidets, so many are sold out and the prices are way higher.

My brother, a property manager, recently told me an awful story about someone flooding their bathroom with a bidet - so i'm being extra cautious.

One of the tricky things about an electric bidet is that you need a power source. Most renters I know don't have an outlet right behind their toilet. Shoot, 3 apartments ago I lived without an outlet in the bathroom for 8ish years! Thankfully my bathroom has an outlet between the medicine cabinet and shelf, hopefully the cord on the bidet will be long enough, if not i'll run an extension cord.


My niece Scarlett turned 5 on the 11th, her brother turned 9 on the 7th. Their birthday party was postponed due to the rona. We have been facetiming, which is great because Scarlett is all about the zen when she's not teasing or pinching her brother.  


I hope y'all are safe and alright :) 


No comments: